The Liberal Democrats have created a "fertile ground" for investment in the South East's green economy, Catherine Bearder MEP said today.
The coalition Government announced on Wednesday a series of measures to alleviate fuel poverty and encourage demand for insulation and energy saving products.
But figures have also shown the extent of private investment into the region from green businesses, which have created thousands of jobs.
It includes plans to build wind turbines and new energy generating waste plants.
Catherine said: "It's great to see this level of private sector money being fed into the south east's green economy.
"It just goes to prove how the Liberal Democrats have managed to create a fertile ground for these investments.
"And, with the Green Deal, the Lib Dems are doing the right thing for the environment, household budgets and the economy.
"Not only does this mean lower energy bills for everyone, but this huge investment will create green jobs and investment which leave a lasting legacy."
Breakdown of the figures:
Potential investment: £136m
Jobs created: 2,081
Potential jobs: 725
Examples of the investment:
• South Boats, in East Cowes, Isle of Wight: eight contracts, including Turbine Transfers (worth £13m), and Seacat Services (worth £14m)
• Interserve, in Twyford, Berkshire: £10m contract from Keppel Seghers
• Forever Fuels, in Maidenhead, Berkshire: £2m investment to double capacity
• Viridor: planning £205m energy from waste plant, which will create 40 permanent jobs
• Bam Nuttall, in Camberley, Surrey: chosen to carry out £4.5m expansion at Campbeltown New Quay
• Emu Ltd, in Durley, Southampton: expanding, 41 new staff
• Green Home Company, in Coxheath, Kent: £15m investment from Santander
• Ardenham Energy Ltd, in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire: £2m investment from Bridge Ventures
• Vestas: planned wind turbine factory in Sheerness, Kent. Up to 2,000 jobs
• Eneco: planned 900-1200MW Navitus Bay wind farm off Isle of Wight
• Real Ventures: planned 50MW biomass plant. £130m investment, up to 235 jobs